Tuesday, February 5, 2019

AnnaBunnell-Assignment 1

Assignment 1-

Anna Bunnell
Pro Practices
01-23-2019

1. Why do you make art?
There are many reasons that I  make art. I enjoy the physical and technical aspects as well as conceptual. I make artwork both for myself but also for others. I would hope that someday maybe my art would create or require the viewer or participant to question more serious topics or social normalities.

2. What is the function or role of an artist in today's culture? (This is your personal take on this, it doesn't have to be an "objective" or comprehensive analysis)
Creators, people who are questioning the normal everyday and creating new topics of conversation in society
Visual Advocates/Communicators for change or justice.

3. Who are three working artists you can think of, who you might contact to interview about their professional lives? You will only be contacting one, but I want you to have a couple fallback options if your first couple choices end up being unavailable.
Jonathan Kirk
Richard Notki
Geoffrey Booras

No comments:

Post a Comment