Monday, November 14, 2011

Artist statement ROUGH draft

Lately I have been very interested in introspection and the female form. My installation work deals with basically getting to know yourself, through your freckles. Exploring your body in ways you have not before searching for these spots of pigmentation. In a way if your body was a night sky it’s freckles are your constellations.

I am fascinated by water and liquid. What it feels like to be weightless or suspended, or what one thinks about when they are underwater has sparked my curiosity. Large bodies of water represent the deep realms of unconsciousness, which is a theme present in my work.

I use animals in my ceramic work, because I am attracted to what it means to anthropomorphize. I like how animals can be archetypes for human traits, or what we think of when we contemplate certain animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment