Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Draft of artist's statement

My work examines the disconnect between the real world and our subjective observations of it. Through sequencing and narrative, I address the way that individuals create states of mind for themselves, and how these layers can color everything that they look at. I tell stories about a world altered by perceptions, emotions, and anxieties. Everyday events are intensified and viewed through a microscopic lens. I am trying to create a world that is affected by our observations of it, that manifests our interpretations of what we see. I’m very interested in what happens when a private thought or feeling is pushed into a public space. My work explores the things that we hide, the thoughts and feelings that we can’t communicate, and the layers between what we see and how we see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment