Thursday, November 10, 2011

Artist Statements

http://www.zucotgallery.com/custom/files/philip_carlton_edited_web_info.pdf


  When I create a painting, I strive for perfection. However, when a mirror-like 
rendition of reality is no longer the goal, perfection becomes a malleable concept. I like to 
think of each painting I create as a study in color and light that results in an image that is 
more sublime than the last. It is a process of trial and error: every painting is a thesis in 
beauty that will inevitably be disproved by the painting that follows it. 



I do like the ending of his artist statement... i sort of buy into the BS and don't mind it. i think being able to talk about your work in this way is interesting and job well done.



http://visualinfluence.wordpress.com/2008/09/24/artist-statements-the-good-the-bad-and-the-horrible/

good advice??


Glenn Arthur's facebook page: about me. Artist statement?

Autodidact artist. Imperfect perfectionist. Art Nouveau and Neo-Victorian enthusiast. Hopeless romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment